Friday, February 28, 2020

Another PR&P Tour - Abby’s Trailblazing Socks




Hey y’all. Thanks for joining me today for the newest Project Run & Play pattern tour. This time there 20 brand new patterns to try out!  For my stop i’m showing you the adorable Abby’s Trailblazing Socks from The Wolf and the Tree. Just like anything else you sew these can be customized to fit your child. Abby’s Trailblazing Socks are sized from Newborn 0/1 - Big Kid 6/7 and there are several style options: Mini Crew, Bobby, Crew, Knee High and Over the Knee. You can also add trim, cuffs, elastic or trim to the cuffs to finish up this super quick sew; or drag it out a little and add color-blocked toes, a top toe seam or even a heel. 

 If you didn’t know I’m now the proud mama of a soon-to-be three month old baby boy so, I made the mini crew socks. I liked using this pattern because his little feet are so narrow that he tends to lose his store bought socks no matter how small they are. My least favorite part was probably sewing those tiny cuffs in the round. This smile makes it all worth it and I think he approves.


 It may just be me, but I hate when babies are too little for shoes and you put them on a cute outfit in X color and then the only socks you can find are Y color, not even white. With these i’m able to match his socks to his hat, bummies or whatever else.







In true mom fashion, I lost the first pair of socks I made him with the little monsters on them and the rest of his outfit is a hand me down. I also sewed up some knee highs for my almost 2 year old who, in true toddler fashion, refused to be still so I could put them on. And yes, you math geniuses out there, that’s two kids under the age of two in my house AT THE SAME TIME 😳. Needless to say, mama is exhausted. Not so exhausted that i can’t make my kids haute couture socks to match their outfits ;-) but definitely exhausted. 






The Pattern Release:
Because of the large space of time since we added patterns to the shop, we have 20 (TWENTY!) new patterns for you!  These twenty fantastic patterns are so fun and unique and you're going to love them.  There's everything from basics to accessories to really special pieces.  

All new patterns on sale for 20% off from 2/17 - 2/29, which makes for some fantastic deals, believe me.

The Giveaways:
Now 20 patterns is a lot to digest all at once, so each day of the tour a couple of these new patterns will be featured.  And of course some of your favorite Project Run & Play designers are going to be providing inspiration!  Each of these designers will be giving away one new pattern of your choice, and there will be a daily giveaway on social media too.  Be sure to follow Project Run & Play on Instagram and each designer as they share their makes too.


1 comment:

Project Run & Play Watercolor Beach Collection

I’ve been blown away by the amazing makes and photos for the release of the  Project Watercolor Beach Collection  from Project Run and ...